What is it?
A six-week course designed to introduce participants to Biblical Hebrew by using a variety of oral, aural and visual language learning strategies. Watch the video below to get an impression of what the course looks like.
After successful completion of the course, students:
- will have acquired a basic vocabulary of about 300 Hebrew words;
- will have acquired a reasonable fluency in reading Hebrew texts;
- will understand some basic concepts of Hebrew grammar;
- will have created a Hebrew-Tok Ples Dictionary;
- will have translated a full chapter of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Tok Ples
Who should come?
The course is aimed at Papua New Guineans involved in Old Testament translation or training to be consultants, but is open to anyone who wants to begin to learn the original language of the Old Testament.
Required: Either: TTC-1; TTC-2; Discover Your Language; in certain cases the Academic Dean may allow exceptions.
Preferred: Minimum of grade 10 or equivalent training.
To be announced